1. After being discharged from the hospital, your eye will be dressed and covered by a plastic shield. Avoid taking off the dressing at home.
2. Plan to rest on the first day after the surgery. After glaucoma surgery, avoid lifting heavy objects (typically heavier than 2kg). If you have to climb up or down the stairs, do it cautiously and make sure to have a companion to help you.
3. While resting, keep your head more elevated than usual.
4. Having light foods, hot liquids, vegetables and fruits is good to facilitate recovery.
5. After surgery, you may experience foreign body sensation. Painkillers are prescribed to reduce the discomfort.
- You should have a follow-up visit one day after the surgery.
- Glaucoma surgery will help preserve your vision and prevent further vision loss and blindness. It does not improve your vision.